Can you help with? . . .
- Building maintenance - Church facilities require ongoing upkeep. The congregations hires part-time custodial help, yet whenever possible we use the skills and talents of our members for specific projects. Past projects have included painting, plumbing, and roof repair. Upcoming projects may include the installation of an acoustic ceiling in our activity building.
- Office help - Central Lutheran does not employ office workers. We depend on volunteers to assist with office work. Our approach is a schedule of workers who come in once a week to answer phone calls, keep records up to date, and perform computer entry for bulletins, newsletters, and projected worship aids.
- Grounds maintenance - To keep our grounds in good shape many members have shared their time to prune, weed, and repair the watering system. Though an professional firm is used to spray the property for weeds and insects, help is often required to keep the yard clear of unwanted growth.
- Vacation Bible School - During our VBS program, (July 21 - 25), assistants can help for one or more days during the week. The daily sessions are held each morning from 9:00 - 11:00. Each child participates in 30-minute segments that include Bible lessons, crafts, games, and snacks.
- Worship service piano accompaniment - We are fortunate to have a dedicated and talented accompanist for our worship schedule. Nonetheless, our plans to expand worship services in the Casa Grande area require that another accompanist be hired for this ministry. This will increase our need for substitute accompanists at both worship locations, as well. Our accompanists are paid for each worship service.
- Nursery helper - During worship we provide care for our children of pre-school through kindergarten age. Our helpers are asked to commit to serving once every two to three months during one worship service.
If you can help, contact the church office.